Some things to consider if you’re looking to get into PR as a career..
- To Be knowledgeable about particular audiences and the media vehicles that will reach them most effectively and efficiently. * Consider which outlet is closest to your audience*
- To have a thorough understanding of the mission of the institution which they represent and possess the ability to articulate that objective flawlessly in writing or verbally to all audiences.
- To have the ability to research, analyze and predict consumer preferences (trends, patterns, etc.) with regard to the consequences for the organization which the PR person represents.
- To create clear, effective and beneficial messages about the organization and/ or product for the media and both internal & external audiences.
- To be the quintessential Ambassador of your organization and/or product for the media and both internal & external audiences.
- To be endlessly innovative and creative presenting new measurable ideas for events and programs that could reach potential new customers or create new sources of revenue for the organization.